Bee numbers have been in steady decline over the past several years, but now gardeners are doing their best to grow flowers that will help out our little buzzing friends. If we all do this together then hopefully numbers will start to increase again.
As a rule of thumb, the best plants for bees have large, single open blooms or tubular flowers that they can crawl inside. Bees are particularly attracted to the colour purple but will of course happily fly to any suitable flower in your garden.
For The Bee Box we have carefully selected plants that are best for bees, here's what it includes:
- Campanula Glomerata Alba 1 x 9cm Pot
- Aster Novae-Angliae James Richie 1 x 9cm Pot
- Scabiosa Jaoinica Blue Note 1 x 9cm Pot
- Lupin polyphyllus Legendary Yellow 1 x 9cm Pot
- Veronica Spicata Inspire Blue 1 x 9cm Pot
- Lithodora Diffusa Heavenly Blue 1 x 9cm Pot
- A selection of 6 different Lavender plants 6 x 9cm Pots
Why not add a bottle of The Flower and the Bee White wine to your box! (75cl) 13%, Ribeiro, Spain
Simply select the option above