*12 x 9cm Pots for £15*
With traditional deep purple flowers and it's easy to maintain nature, Hidcote is the most popular variety of lavender in the UK. It attracts bees and butterflies, is suitable for drying and using as a culinary herb or for craft purposes and is very commonly used in rows and hedges.
- Established Plants, ready to plant in the ground or in a pot
- Very fragrant
- Final height: approx. 40cm
- Planting space: 3 to 4 plants within a metre
- Plant in well drained neutral-alkaline soil. You should incorporate grit/sharp sand when planting lavender to improve drainage in heavy soil. Lavender thrives in poor, sandy soil
- Plant in a sunny position.
- Water for approximately three weeks until established - A good soak to establish root growth
- Requires minimal watering: Do not over water.
- Prune after flowering. Cut back quite hard but don’t cut into old wood, as this can reduce flowering potential the following year. Be careful not to remove green shoots as this can kill the plant.
- Can be left in garden all year round