Looking after Lavender
- Requires well drained neutral to alkaline soil. You should incorporate grit/sharp sand when planting lavender to improve drainage in heavy soil.
- Requires a sunny position, do not grow under a leaf canopy
- Requires little fertilizer, although feeding with potash will encourage more prolific flowering and improved colouration.
- Water for approximately three weeks until established.
- Are evergreen
- Are aromatic
- Need to be cut back mid September (September 15th between 10.00 and 11.00 am!) ½” above hard wood and again in Spring after first flush to shape.
- Takes approximately four years to reach full height.
- Are edible - Angustifolia & Intermedia Lavenders.