Hidcote Lavender Care
- English lavender
- Neat and traditional
- Deep Blue/Violet
- long lasting, strong fragrance
- Current size: 10 – 15cm from base of rootball to the top of the foliage
- Final height: approx. 40cm
- Flowering late spring to early summer
- Low maintenance gardens
- scented gardens
- Wildlife gardens
- Low hedging
- Flower beds
- Arts & crafts
- Dried arrangements
- Culinary purposes
- Ready to plant in the ground or in a pot
- Planting space: 3 to 4 plants within a metre
- Plant in well drained neutral-alkaline soil. You should incorporate grit/sharp sand when planting lavender to improve drainage in heavy soil. Lavender thrives in poor, sandy soil.
- Plant in a sunny position
- Water for approximately three weeks until established - A good soak to establish root growth
- Requires minimal watering: Do not over water.
- Prune after flowering. Cut back quite hard but don’t cut into old wood, as this can reduce flowering potential the following year. Be careful not to remove green shoots as this can kill the plant.
- Can be left in garden all year round