3 Tbs dried culinary lavender
1/3 cup heavy cream
6 ounces bitter-sweet chocolate, chopped
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Place the culinary dried lavender and cream into a small sauce pan. Cook over a low flame about 10 minutes stirring with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and set aside to continue steeping until the cream is strongly flavoured with lavender.
2. Combine the bitter-sweet chocolate with the semisweet chocolate in a microwave safe glass bowl. Divide the chocolate into equal portions, and set one portion aside. Cook the remaining chocolate in the microwave on High in 20 to 30 second increments until melted, stirring between each heating. Using a fine-mesh strainer, strain the cream into the melted chocolate; discard the flower heads and bits of lavender. Stir the cream and chocolate together until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator until somewhat firm, but not hard, about 1 hour.
3. After the lavender chocolate mixture has chilled, place the remaining chocolate and butter into a microwave safe glass bowl. Cook in the microwave on High in 20 to 30 second increments until just melted, stirring between each heating; set aside.
4. Line a baking sheet with a piece of waxed paper. Roll the lavender mixture into 1 tablespoon-sized balls, and dip into the melted chocolate mixture using a skewer or toothpick. Place onto the prepared baking sheet, and chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours to harden.
5. Sprinkle with sea salt if desired.